01 March 2012

Chuck season 5


I finished watching season 5 of Chuck (my favorite TV-show) today.

Warning for spoilers of the last episode!!
*
*




I don't really know what to think about the ending. In a way, I'm glad the writers didn't pull off the overused happy ending where everyone ends up right where they're supposed to be. On the other hand, I was kind of looking forward to see Sarah and Chuck ending up in that white picket-fence house, starting a family of their own. I kept hoping all the way to the end that they would show Sarah getting her memories back, and I felt very disappointed when it didn't happen, but I guess that just makes the ending of this show more memorable. The characters really start growing on you as time passes, so it was really hard to see Sarah and Chuck going back to basically being strangers to each other, but at the same time seeing the flashbacks from the earlier seasons really felt nostalgic and reminded me of why I've been an avid fan of this series since the first season aired.


All in all, it definitely was an unexpected ending, and left me wanting to know whether Chuck and Sarah will manage to become as close to each other as they once were.


As for the fifth season in general - I really liked how they upped Jeff's IQ by quite a lot. I must admit to not liking Jeff and Lester very much earlier on, but this definitely made me enjoy Jeff's screen time a lot more.

No comments:

Post a Comment