25 March 2012

Carrots r evil

Yesterday, I learned the hard way that I'm allergic to raw carrots.

We were having dinner, with a salad containing carrots, which I had ignorantly taken plenty of. At some point, when I was almost finished with my meal, my throat started to feel really odd and swallowing became really painful, and I got really odd, sharp pains in my middle. I couldn't swallow properly until around the time when I went to bed, which was 6 hours later!

I have eaten carrots before - actually, plenty of them - but I always cook them before eating, and cooked carrots haven't affected me in any way. I think it's safe to say that I will be avoiding raw carrots from now on.

Anyways, I'm currently revising the last of the French grammar by doing finals from previous years. Doing pretty well so far, but I don't know if it will be enough for an L (the highest grade, which would be pretty awesome to get :P). Guess I should have started earlier if I was going to aim for that.

My practice set-up: the exam questions on one half of the screen, and my answers on the other half.


And, even better: I'm going to see The Hunger Games today! So excited :D! *fangirl squee*

No comments:

Post a Comment