07 January 2012

Finally winter? + sketches

I apologize in advance that this post will be very image-heavy!


The world certainly looked a lot different when I woke up today :D! Let's just hope that this snow doesn't melt away tomorrow, like the previous times it snowed.

I sorted all the sketches I found on my computer, and decided I'd upload some now. To not overwhelm you with a whole bunch of sketches, unfinished drawings and drawings that for some reason never made it to my deviantart account, I'm going to post some of them today and the rest tomorrow.
For my finished paintings, you can go to my deviantart page: http://black-phoenix-juliet.deviantart.com/ because I feel there's no need to repost all of them in my blog.

Well, here we go, in chronological order:

1998




Heh, I happened to find this drawing from when I was four years old (yes, that's a derpy number four written in the corner there :D).

Now for some more "serious" ones :D. You can click on the images to see a larger version.

2008



 The one with the angel and the harp is an early concept of a painting that I finished in 2011 (http://black-phoenix-juliet.deviantart.com/art/Melody-259922166). I can't believe it took me 3 years to finally start doing that painting!




 I want to comment on the three following images separately. They're featuring characters from a story called The Crystal (later renamed to Possessing the Elements, but we still keep calling it The Crystal) that I wrote together with my cousin from 2007 onwards. The one with fiery wings is Trei, one of the main characters, the middle one is Treicina (Trei's ancestor), and from left to right on the last image: Treicina, Trei, Aiv (the other main character) and Aivycelon (Aiv's ancestor).






2009


The painting with the angel wielding a sword is actually partially done in 2011 - I made the clothes in 2009, but repainted the face and the hair in 2011.



And some more The Crystal art:


I really wanted to finish the painting with Trei on a dragon (the sketch on the right is part of that same painting, you might be able to discern the mouth of the dragon on the upper edge), but sadly, when my computer crashed back in '09, that file became corrupt and I lost everything but a screenshot I'd taken of it.


That's it for today. I'll be posting 2010 and 2011 (= the interesting part) tomorrow :D
Now I'm off to do some work for school. Eek, only today and tomorrow are left of my winter break!


No comments:

Post a Comment